Monday, March 11, 2013

What I Think About You

Last night you asked me to honestly tell you what I think of you. I didn't really answer, and I hope that didn't make you feel upset or confused. I didn't answer because sometimes my words don't come out correctly if I just speak them as I think them. With such a soft subject, they would have come out jumbled and silly. Also, to be honest, I felt like crying when you asked me the question. I felt like crying because it touched me so deeply, because I realized for the first time, that you DO care what I think about you.

I think you are brilliant. I think you have so much knowledge and understanding about the world and people and emotions. Even if you are a little closed, I think you're the easiest person to talk to. And I'm so comfortable telling you anything and everything I think and feel because I know that you won't judge. I know that you'll just listen and not say anything if that's what I wanted. I think you are bright. Not like smart. I already touched down on brilliant, but you're bright. You shine. You make everyone around you happier, no matter what it is that we are doing. You light up every room. Your smile is my favorite thing. Your laugh makes me laugh. Not because it's funny sounding, but because it is contagious. I think you are the most hilarious person that I know. You have the best sense of humor. I think you are deep. The best kind of deep. The kind of deep that some people search their entire lives for. Whenever you and I get into a deep discussion, I always walk away from it completely changed. I have a better sense of who I am and what the world is to me when we have deep conversations. I think you are handsome and charming and sweet. You can be selfish at times, but who isn't? I know that when someone needs you, you are there for them. Or you try your hardest to be. Which counts just as much. I think you are patient. You have a lot of tolerance and you don't have a bad temper. I think you are fun and fantastic and absolutely wonderful.

I know you've been lost lately, and I know you haven't been having the best days. Just remember that everything you're feeling is normal. Even if I can't fully understand how you're feeling, I know there has to be other people who do. I know to an extent, but I think the perception of it is a lot different between male and female. I just know that one day you're going to wake up and everything is just going to be fine. You're going to feel alright and the world will be beautiful again. And you'll feel relieved and refreshed and magnificent. You're going to be okay. You're smart and strong and passionate and you're not one to dwell on things. I know you'll be okay.

I think you're absolutely beautiful. And I'm the luckiest person in the world to be able to call you my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment